Are you thinking of starting a blog? Do you want to know how to start a blog, then this article of mine is going to be very helpful for you. Hi guys this is Asheesh Gupta and I am a professional blogger here I am going to give you information about how to make a blog and you can earn money from it.
It is not as difficult as some people think it is. The field of blogging is huge and the number of bloggers is increasing day by day. If you have the talent to write and have some good ideas that you want to share with more people, then this field is very good for you.
You can also earn money by sharing your thoughts with people through blogging, which can also set your life.
In this article, I have told Step by Step Process of Starting a Blog, if you read this article well and follow all the steps, then you will learn to start a blog in 10 minutes.
But if you miss any step by mistake, then you may face problems in starting a blog. That’s why I would say that after reading this article thoroughly, understanding all the steps, then following it, then you can start a blog very easily.
How To Start a Blog – Step-by-Step Process
To start a blog, you have to follow some steps, here I have given step by step process for starting a blog, with the help of which you can start a blog easily.
Step 1. Objective + motivation
The first step of starting a Blog is Motivation means what is your purpose to starting Blogging, you should know that if you have not decided on the purpose for your website, then, at that point, it is a waste of time to blog.
All bloggers have a purpose regarding their blog website for which they are blogging. Therefore, before going into the blogging field, you have to decide why you want to do blogging.
Do you want to earn money from blogging or do you want to do blogging just for your hobby, do you want to convert your website into a business later or after a certain time want to sell it to someone else? In this way, you should also set a purpose before starting a blog so that you can make your website successful.
Let me explain it to you through an example; Take Amazon itself, in today’s time Amazon has become a brand that people search for its name on the search engine and visit that website directly. If the owner of the Amazon website had run his website without any purpose, then perhaps that website would not have become such a big online shopping website in today’s time.
His aim was to brand his website. So now you must have understood how important it is to determine the purpose before starting a blog. If you understand this step, then let us discuss the Next Step Niche.
Step 2. Niche Selection
After you have decided on the purpose of blogging, then it comes to Niche Selection. When you have to start a blog, you also have to decide which niche that website will be related to. The blog posts that will be published on it will be on which topic.
You should choose such a niche for the website in which you are interested and you should also have good knowledge about that niche so that you can prepare a good blog post. You should also keep in mind that in the niche that you have selected for the website, you should publish related blog posts from the same niche.
These niches are also of 2 types, the first is without Niche and the second is Micro Niche. Many people do blogging without Niche, the website of such bloggers is not able to rank on search engines because they keep publishing content related to different topics on their website, due to which the chances of ranking of the website are greatly reduced.
Similarly, those who start a blog by choosing a Micro Niche and publish blog posts related to the niche of the website, soon make their website successful by ranking on Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Google also gives a suggestion to choose Micro Niche.
Because in this a small part of a big topic has to be selected and content has to be prepared in detail on it. If you are a Beginner Blogger, then it is better for you to choose Micro Niche, you can write articles on such topics on which the competition is low and you can easily get your website ranked high on the Search Engine. So now you must have understood how important it is to choose a Niche.
Step 3. How to get Hosting and Domain
Now that you have learned well about the purpose and niche of Start a Blog, now I will tell you how to get hosting and a domain for the website. The process of taking hosting and domain is completed simultaneously because all web hosting providers also provide website domains.
By the way, there are many web hosting provider websites available on the Internet, out of which you can take hosting from any hosting provider website. But here I would advise you to take hosting from Hostinger because I also use this web hosting.
If you are a beginner blogger then it is better for you to take web hosting from Hostinger because Hostinger is a cheap and good web hosting. Let me tell you its process. which is like this ;
- First of all, you go to Hostinger through this special link of ours. If you go through this link then you will also get an extra discount of 7%.
- When you come to the Hostinger website, you will get the option of Menu there, if you are a Beginner Blogger, then it is better for you to take Shared Web Hosting.
- For this, you first click on Menu.
- Then some options will come in front of you, from which you click on Hosting.
- As soon as you click on Hosting, you will get to see some types of Hosting, out of which you have to select Shared Web Hosting.
- After selecting Shared Web Hosting, you have to scroll down to the page where you will see 3 Web Hosting Plans. In which the first is Single Web Hosting, the second is Premium Web Hosting and the third is Business Web Hosting.
- If you are a Beginner Blogger, then Single Web Hosting or Premium Web Hosting Plan will be better for you. You can select any of the two.
- Let me show you by selecting Premium Web Hosting. Click to get Add to Cart to select.
As soon as you do Add to Cart, a new page will open in front of you where you will get to see offers according to the plan of some months, on which there will also be a discount. You can select any offer according to you.
After this, you will get the option of Daily Backup below here, if you want to take Daily Backup to protect your website, then you can select this option, for this also Charge Pay has to be paid.
- Here you also get an option of Cloudflare Protection, you can enable it to protect your website. For this also you have to pay Charge, this facility is available for a Lifetime.
- After this, you will get the option of a Domain. In this search bar, you have to do a domain search for your website. For the domain you have set for your website, you can search here and see whether it is available or not.
- If the domain you searched will be available then it gets added to your order summary.
- After this, in the Order Summary, you can see that the total amount of all the features including Amount and Taxes is total. After that, you can continue the further process by clicking on Checkout Now.
- After clicking on Check Out Now, a page will open in front of you where you will have to create an account.
- Here you will be asked for some details which you can submit and pay.
Step 4. How to do Infographic Design
The next step of starting a Blog is Infographic Design This process is done when Domain and Hosting are purchased. The website gets an address from the domain. But if you want to make the website a brand in the future, then you should also do a logo design for the website.
Branding the website gives you many benefits, people visit your website directly by searching your website’s name on the search engine, which leads to a traffic increase on your website and on your website’s top in Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs). Ranking starts.
It is very important to create a good logo so that the website can get a different identity and banners can also be designed to add to your website related to any of your products or related to any other business and much more. Let me explain to you by giving an example so that you can understand easily.
Example; In today’s time, there are many big popular websites and companies that have become a brand and people identify that company by looking at their logo, as if you take Apple company, it has become so popular that Even small children can recognize it by looking at its logo.
In the same way, look at Amazon in websites, that too has become a brand. So now you must have understood how important the logo is to make the website a brand. But the logo of the website should be such that people can remember the name of your website only after seeing it. Logo should be Unique Design as well as Simple.
Step 5. WordPress install
When you have purchased Domain and Hosting, then you need to install WordPress, so let me tell you the process of installing WordPress. Do not miss a single point of this process by mistake, otherwise you may face problems in installing WordPress. So let’s understand this process with the help of some points; First of all you go to Hostinger’s Dashboard and click on Manage in Hosting there.
- By clicking on Manage, you will reach the Control Panel of Hosting where you will get many options.
- When you scroll down this page and come down, you will get the option of Auto Installer, click on it.
A new page will open as soon as you click on Auto Installer, there you will get WordPress, WooCommerce, Joomla and other options, from there you have to select WordPress.
- As soon as you select, a page will come in front of you in which some settings will have to be done to install.
- In its Description Option, you have to write the description of your website.
- After this, in the second option, you have to select one of http and https, from which you select https because it is secure.
- After that you have to write the name of your website meaning Domain Name.
- After this you have to enter the Administrator username in it and also create a password so that you can login to your WordPress website.
- After this, you also have to enter the Administrator Email in it and the title of the website is entered in the option of Website Title.
- Then belo
- w this you also get the option to select the language, you can select the language in which you want to blog.
- When you complete all the settings, you can easily install WordPress by clicking on Install.
Step 6. How to do WordPress Settings
When you complete the process of installing WordPress, then you also have to do some important settings before using WordPress, which I am going to tell you through some points here.
These settings have to be understood carefully because if any setting goes wrong then you may have problems in future. Let me tell about these settings;
- When WordPress is opened, you will find many options in its Dashboard, in which you will also get the option of Settings, click on it.
- As soon as you click on Settings, you will get some setting options, out of which you first click on the option of Permalinks.
As soon as you select Permalinks, the settings of Permalinks will come in front of you, in which you will get the option of Common Setting, here you will have to choose the URL Structure for your website. Whatever you like, you select it.
- While choosing the URL structure, remember that the URL should be short and simple because Google also gives more importance to such URL structure and the post name should also come in it. Well, you can choose anyone according to your convenience.
- After selecting URL Structure, click on Save Changes.
After setting permalink, you also have to do General Settings, for which you have to click on the General option of Settings. On clicking, the option to do General Settings comes in front of you.
The first option in this is Site Title, in this you have to write the title of your website.
After this there is an option to write Tagline.
Then you have to add the Administration Email Address.
- Here you get the option of Site Language, so that you can select the language of your website accordingly.
- After this you get the option to select the time zone, in which you can select the timezone according to your country.
- Then you get the option of Date Format here, in which you can select the format of the date according to you.
- Like Date Format, Time Format is also here, you can select it accordingly.
- Below this is the option of Week Start On, you can select any day for the starting week of your website. When this setting is done, you can save it by clicking on Save Changes.
Apart from these settings, there are many other settings which you can change according to your convenience. Let me now tell you the next step.
Step 7. How to Install Theme
When you do the settings in WordPress, after that you have to select the theme because by installing themes, your website becomes attractive, which has a good effect on the visitors, all bloggers use themes in their website. Experience is good.
Let me tell you about installing the theme. You have to follow some points to install the theme in your website. which are as follows;
- First of all you have to go to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Here you will get the option of Appearance, click on it.
- As soon as you click on Appearance, the page of Themes will open in front of you.
- Here you will get the option of Add New above, click on it.
- As soon as you click on the option of Add New, many themes will come in front of you, you can install any theme according to you.
- Here you should remember that you should install generatepress only in your website because these themes are lightweight, due to which the website loads quickly and AMP also works well.
- Apart from this, there are very good themes available on the Internet, you can download the theme from any other website and upload it to your WordPress website.
When you click on Add New, after that you will see the option of Upload Theme above, click on it.
After clicking on Upload Theme, you will get the option of Choose File, by clicking on it, you can select and install that downloaded theme.
Step 8. How to Install the Important Plugin
After installing the theme in the WordPress website, you also have to install some important plugins in it. Because through plugins, you can add some extra features to WordPress, with the help of which you can do many things easily, which also saves your time. In the Dashboard of the WordPress website, you will get the option of Plugins.
After clicking on Plugins, you will get the option of Add New. Click on it, then you will get the search bar, with the help of which you can easily install plugins by searching. Let me tell you about some important plugins that you can install and use on your WordPress website. These are some of the plugins as follows;
1 What is Yoast SEO or Rank Math
Yoast is a plugin that analyzes your blog post and gives you a report from which you get information whether your blog post is SEO friendly or not and you can also optimize blog post with its help. You can also use rank math and this is what we use these days.
2 How Akismet Anti Spam Works
It prevents Spam Comments coming on your Blog Post, if Spam Comments come on your Blog Post, then it selects and removes those Comments.
3 How Jetpack Works
Jetpack Plugin has many features such as you can create a Contact Form with its help, you can put Social Sharing Buttons on Blog Post so that visitors can share your post, this Plugin also does Daily Backup to your Blog and You can track Page Views and Search Queries and many more features are included in it.
4 Short Pixel Image Optimizer
If you add images to your blog post, then you can use this plugin. Lightweight is made by optimizing the image so that the loading speed of the website can be fast.
Apart from these plugins, you will get many plugins, you can also install other plugins according to your need. Now let’s talk about the next step.
Step 9 Create Important Pages
When you start a blog, you also have to add some important pages to it. With the help of which visitors can get information about your website. Because due to these pages, the trust of visitors on your website increases.
These important pages are very important for all websites, let me tell you how you can add these pages to your website, here I have told some points, you can easily add important pages to your website by following them. You can which are as follows;
- First of all, you go to the Dashboard of the WordPress website.
- Here you will get the option of Pages, click on it.
- Then a page will come in front of you, in that above you will get the option of New Page, click on it.
- On clicking on New Page, a page will open where you have to write the name of the page above and below you have to give details about that page.
- When that page is ready, you will get the option of Publish above there. Publish by clicking on it.
When you prepare a blog post by writing, you also have to do On Page SEO Optimization of that blog post before publishing it. Here below I have given information about SEO Optimize Blog Post through some points. which is like this ;
- Do Keyword Research before writing a blog post.
- Optimize the images added to the blog post.
- Optimize the title of the blog post and add the Focus Keyword to it.
- Optimize Meta Description.
- Make the URL of your blog post SEO friendly.
- Provide Quality Content to Visitors.
I have already published by writing a blog post on On Page SEO, you can get information about On Page SEO by clicking on this link.
If you have read this article of mine well then you must have understood How to Start a Blog? Through this article, I have told you the step by step process, by following which you can easily start a blog.
When you want to purchase hosting, you can purchase from Hostinger, it provides you cheap and good hosting facilities. If you are a new blogger then you should choose Shared Hosting.
Domain is also taken while taking hosting, then you can take the domain related to the niche of the website or even on your name, if you want to make yourself a brand, then you can take a domain on your name.
You should install Newspaper Theme only in your WordPress website because these themes are lightweight, due to which the website loads fast and AMP also works well.
Apart from this, you can add important pages so that people can get information about your website, through these pages you can also put some conditions and because of its Contact us page people can contact you etc.